Cryptoparty is a decentralized movement with events happening all over the world. The goal is to pass on knowledge about protecting yourself in the digital space. This can include encrypted communication, preventing being tracked while browsing the web and general security advice for computers and smartphones.
- See cryptoparty.in for more details.
- To try the programs and apps at the Cryptoparty bring your laptop or smartphone.
Stay tuned by following us on:
Staying in contact
Get updates on the next cryptoparty on twitter at @CryptopartyChi
- March: jen (general security, PGP)
- April: jen (general security, Tor), Freddy (OTR), Eric (math of public key crypto File:Crypto math.pdf), Mason (heartbleed exploit demo)
- July: Freddy (general security, slides: https://github.com/freddymartinez9/secruitytalks/blob/master/OpSecPrimerGitHub.pdf), Brian (disk encryption)
- August: jen (general security, Tor, slides: https://github.com/redshiftzero/Cryptoparty/blob/master/Cryptopartay.pdf), Mason (onionshare), Brian (Textsecure/Redphone)
- October: Eviljoel (PGP), Freddy (Torrc (Tor relay config file) in detail)
- November: Freddy (general privacy/security), Travis (OTR)
- January: Dan (privacy and hacking law), jen (Tor)
General tools handout
Handout on tools: https://github.com/redshiftzero/Cryptoparty/blob/master/Cryptotools.pdf
Setting up PGP using Enigmail and Thunderbird: http://web.archive.org/web/20140817035102/https://securityinabox.org/en/thunderbird_main
Download the Tor Browser Bundle: https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en